The mission of the American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons is to:
- conduct scientific meetings, practical seminars, and publish professional publications related to the specialties represented by its membership .
- maintain ethical standards for its members and to maintain interaction with other recognized bodies and specialty associations.
- enhance patient care by promoting excellence in the fields of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgery.
- create a concrete bridge of understanding and cooperation that acknowledges the mutuality of surgical endeavors of interest in the fields of neurological and orthopaedic surgery in particular and all the relevant clinical neurosciences in general.
- develop and support, either directly or in collaboration with other like-minded organizations, humanitarian activities and missions to serve those in need both nationally and internationally.