Archived copies of articles published in The Journal of Neurological and Orthopaedic Medicine and Surgery (JNOMS – ISSN 0890-6599) are available and distributed in electronic format to Academy members upon request at no charge. Individual non-members of the Academy and organizations that wish to obtain copies of specific archived Journal articles may do so by contacting the Executive Director and paying the required research fee (currently $25 per article).
The listing of Articles Published below is only partial and an example of articles available from the archived collection.
To obtain a copy of an original article or verify publication Contact Us.
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2019 issue
Intracranial Developmental Venous Anomaly presenting with Seizures in a patient with Wilson’s Disease: A Case Report
Wael Ibrahim, MD, Ahmed Karam-Allah Mohamed
Total Knee Arthroplasty After Chronic Stroke: A Case Report
Carlos González Blum, PT, DPT, M.Sc.
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2017 issue
How Satisfactory is Management of STS
Abdulsalam Y. Taha
Impact of Surgery on the Quality of Life in Patients with Primary Brain Tumors
(A Review of 170 Patients at a Tertiary Care Hospital)
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2016 issue
Management of Combined Vascular Orthopedic Limb Injuries (pdf)
Abdulsalam Y. Taha & Muhanned K. Ali
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2015 issue
A Physical Therapist Perspective on Evaluation and Treatment for Cervical Radiculopathy
Mardel Grant, P.T. and Charles Xeller, M.D.
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2014 issue
Spinal Epidural Arteriovenous Malformations:
Report of a Case With Discussion of Classification And Treatment
Caitlin M. Clark, B.A. and W. Craig Clark, M.D., Ph.D., FAANS, FACS, FICS
Percutaneous Treatment of Discogenic Back Pain with a Plasma Wand
Caitlin Clark, B.A. and W. Craig Clark, M.D., Ph.D., FAANS, FACS, FICS
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2013 issue
C5 palsy following anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (pdf, 771 KB)
William E. Mathews, M.D.; Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery at Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Pandiculation responsive hyposmia:A Case Report (PDF, 97KB)
Alexander Roussos, MS ; 1321 So. Plymouth Ct. Unit K Chicago, IL 60605 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org,Telephone: 312-848-9937
Alan R. Hirsch M.D., 845 N Michigan Avenue Suite 990W, Chicago, IL 60611 19152 Telephone: (312) 649-5829; Fax: (312) 649-0458 Email: email@example.com
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2011 issue
Zenker-like pouch causing delayed wound infection after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (PDF, 68KB)
Saeid Alemo, M.D. (a,b)* and Samira Dabiri, M.D. (a) (Department of Neurological Surgery, Drexel University College of Medicine, and bUniversity Neurosurgical Pain Clinic, 2630 Holme Ave., Suite no. 103, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19152.
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2010 issue
Use of Fluoroscopy for Interlaminar Lumbar Epidural Injection: Is Confirmation with Epidurogram necessary? (PDF, 159KB)
Saeid Alemo, MD, Department of Neurosurgery, Hahnemann University Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA University Neurosurgical Pain Clinic, Philadephia, PA
Role of Facet Arthropathy and Discopathy in Chronic Mechanical Lower Back Pain (PDF, 157KB)
Saeid Alemo, MD, Amirali Sayadipour, MD, Department of Neurosurgery, Hahnemann University Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, University Neurosurgical Pain Clinic, Philadephia, PA
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2008 issue
Strength and Endurance in Human Skeletal Muscle, Why Electrical Stimulation Usually Fails To Generate the Same Response As During Voluntary Effort (PDF, 427KB)
Jerrold S. Petrofsky, Ph.D. Department of Physical Therapy Loma Linda University Loma Linda, California And Department of Physical Therapy, Azusa Pacific University Azusa, California
Effect of Electrical Stimulation on Bacterial Growth (PDF, 731KB)
Jerrold Petrofsky Ph D Michael Laymon DPTSc* Wendy Chung DPTSc Kelly Collins BS* Tien-Ning Yang BS* Depts. of Physical Therapy Loma Linda University Loma Linda, California and Azusa PACific University* Azusa California
Correlation of Pseudarthrosis and Recurrent Cervical Monoradiculopathy After One Level of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fixation Using Methylmethacrylate (PDF, 107KB)
Saeid Alemo, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Amirali Sayadipour, MD, University Neurosurgical, PC, Philadelphia, PA
Chronic Mechanical Lower Back Pain (PDF, 190 KB)
Saeid Alemo, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Amirali Sayadipour, MD, University Neurosurgical, PC, Philadelphia, PA
Correction of Distal Tibial Malunion with Locking Plate (PDF, 2.71MB)
Mark Steven Sanders, MD, Bruce P. Meinhard, MD, Robert Austin Cates, BA
Articles Published in the Journal’s 2007 issuepublications
- A Physical Therapist Perspective on Evaluation and Treatment for Cervical Radiculopathy
- Treatment of Acute Back Pain: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Hemangiopericytoma of the Thoracic Spine: Case Report
- Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion
- Anterior Cervical Diskectomy and Fusion with Methyl Methacrylate
- Primary Cerebral Lymphoma in Two Consortial Partners Afflicted with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- What You Should Know About Your Eyes And How To Take Care Of Them
- A Second Look at a Skeletal Muscle Relaxant: A Double-Blind Study of Metaxalone
- Osteogenic Sarcoma Of The Neck (ATLAS)
- Fathie Shunt: Application in Carotid Artery Occlusion and the Procedure of Endarterectomy
- Large Anuerysm of Internal Carotid Artery Simulating an Eosinophilic Adenoma
- Transient Ischemic Attack and Surgical Management by Endarterectomy: A Study of 110 Cases
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Their Management with a New Relaxant
- What You Should Know About Cholesterol and Stroke and How Cholesterol Levels can be Lowered
- Brain and High Blood Pressure
- Paget’s Disease: History and Management: Recognition and Treatment (PDF 400 KB)
- Paget’s Disease – New Progress and Findings (PDF 300 KB)
- Paget’s Disease (PDF 200 KB)
Articles Published in the Journal’s Fall 2003 issue
Volume 21, Number 3
30.Elbow Muscular Relationships: An SEMG View of Muscular Agonism and Antagonism (PDF, 144 KB)
Gabriel E. Sella, MD, M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D. (H.C.) Adjunct Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
40. Does Local Heating Really Help Diabetic Patients Increase Circulation (PDF, 60 KB)
Jerrold Scott Petrofsky Ph.D., Chris Besonis B.S. ATC, David Rivera B.S. ATC, Ernie Schwab Ph.D., Scott Lee MD, Michael Laymon DPT Sc, From Department of Physical Therapy, Internal Medicine Loma Linda University and Department of Physical Therapy Azusa Pacific University
41. The Influence of Warm Hydrotherapy on the Cardiovascular System and Muscle Relaxation (PDF, 388 KB)
Jerrold Scott Petrofsky Ph.D., J.D., Jaime Baxter B.S., Jaime Bomgaars B.S., Carrie Burgert B.S., Sara Jacobs B.S., Danielle Lyden B.S., Everett B. Lohman III, DPTSc, OSC From Department of Physical Therapy, Loma Linda University
42. The Furcal Nerve (PDF, 14KB), figure 1 (PDF, 281 KB), figure 2 (PDF, 122KB), figure 3a (PDF, 193KB), figure 3b (PDF, 101KB), figure 4 (PDF, 370KB), figure 5 (PDF, 361 KB), figure 6 (PDF, 205 KB)
Ronald L L Collins, M.B., B.S. (UWI), F.R.C.S. (Edin.), F.I.C.S.
43. Osteoarthritis of the Trapezio-Metacarpal Joint of the Thumb and the Treatment (PDF, 20 KB) , figure 1 (PDF, 28 KB), figure 2A (PDF, 40 KB), figure 2B (PDF, 41 KB), figure 2C (PDF, 51 KB), figure 2D (PDF, 55 KB), figure 2E (PDF, 65 KB), figure 2F (PDF, 70 KB), figure 3A (PDF, 53 KB), figure 3B (PDF, 47 KB), figure 4A (PDF, 44 KB), figure 4B (PDF, 46 KB), figure 5A (PDF, 44 KB), figure 5B (PDF, 46 KB)
Harilaos T. Sakellarides, MD, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02114
44. Hip Muscular Relationships: An SEMG View of Muscular Agonism and Antagonism in Health and Disease (PDF, 99 KB)
Gabriel E. Sella, MD, M.P.H., M.Sc., Ph.D. (H.C.) 92 North 4th Street, Suite 12, Martins Ferry, OH 43935
Articles Published in the Journal’s Fall 2001 issue
Volume 21, Number 3
65. Epidemiology of Bone Cancer: An Overview
Parviz Ghadirian, Ph.D., Kazem Fathie, MD, and Jean-Francois Emard, Ph. D.
73. Rational for Repair of the Human Knee
R. Thomas Grotz, MD H. Marcus Vincent and Krishelle Leong-Grotz
81. The Etiology and Treatment of the Migraine Headache
T. Ghavamian, MD
84. The Treatment of Spastic Cerebral Palsy with Side-to-Side Peripheral Nerves Anastomosis
Zhang Shaocheng, MD, Luo Chaoli, Zhao Yongjiang, and Y.H. Ma, MD, Z.C. Shi, MD, P. Huang, MD, Y.P. Yao, MD, B.Q. Yu, MD, S.S. Nian
87. Information For Patients About Bisphosphonates
The Paget Foundation
94. Cervicogenic Headaches: Radiofrequency Neurotomy and the Cervical Disc and Fusion
H.G. Blume, MD
101. Neurosurgical Treatment of Persistent Occipital Myalgia-Neuralgi Syndrome
Horst G. Blume, MD, Julian Ungar-Sargon, M.G., Ph.D.
109. Greater Occipital Nerve Block – Methodology of Diagnosis and Treatment of Cervicogenic Headaches: An International Authoritative Determination.
Horst G. Blume, MD, Ph.D., Peter Rothbart, MD, F.R.C.P.C. Robert Richardson, MD, Ph.D., Isaac Martin Thapedi, MD, F.A.C.S.
Volume 21, Number 2
42. Failure to Thrive and a Fatal Outcome in a case of Larsen Syndrome
Coles, M., Lachica I. Charisse
Vol. 21, #2, pp. 42-45
Articles Published in the Journal’s Winter 2000 issue
Volume 20, Number 3
66. Total Knee Replacement in a Very Small Rural Hospital
A.E. Pino, MD, F.I.C.S., F.A.A.N.O.S. and John Gilbert, C.R.N.A.
70. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Localized Amyloidosis
A.E. Pino, MD, F.I.C.S., F.A.A.N.O.S., J. Ramon, MD, F.I.C.S., F.A.A.N.O.S., B.E. Geeslin, Jr., MD and G. Minnhaar, MD
75. Concussions in Sports: The Pathophysiology
Rudolph Cartwright, MD
82. The Relationship of Facet Asymmetry, Spina Birida Occulta, and Transitional Vertebrae in the Lumbar Spine to Backache
Charles F. Xeller, MD, Mark Sanders, MD, Mohammed Athari, MD and Ralph Gibson, MD
86. Contempo Update on the Bio-electro-molecular Concepts of the Science of Nutrition for the Surgical Specialist Emest
D. Szabados, MD
89. Functional Reconstruction of Peripheral Nerves in Paraplegia
Shaocheng Zhang, MD, Xuesond Zhang, Rongming Ji, Ruishan Dang, Baoquing Yu, Yuhai Ma, Haltdor. Jonsson, Raphael, Cilento
99. Save the Pieces
Dr. Edward Kopf, MD
Divide and Conquer
Dr. Edward Kopf, MD
Articles Published in the Journal’s Spring 2000 issue
Volume 20, Number 2
31. Epidemiology of Brain/Nervous System Tumores in Children
Parviz Ghadirian, Ph.D., Kazem Fathie, MD, Ph.D., Jean-Pierre Thouez, Ph.D.
38. Revision of the Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment of Patients with Chronic Pain and Normal Examination
Winthrop S. Risk, MD, Ph.D.
41. Histopathological and Immunohistochemical Study of Femoral Bone and Bone Marrow Tissue in Steroid Treated Rabbits
Tamon Kabata, MD, Tadami Matsumoto, MD, Mitsuru Nishino, MD, Takeshi Horri, MD, Toshidazu Kubo, MD, Isao Kitajima, MD,
and Katsuro Tomita, MD
47. A Long-term Follow-up Study for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis: Investigation of Bilaterality and Risk Factor of Osteoarthrosis
Aymi kaneuji, MD, Tadami Matsumoto, MD, Mitsuru Nishino, MD,
Tanzo Sugimori, MD, Tamon Kabata, MD, Yasuhiro Ueda, MD,
Masato Okada, MD, Takuya Fujita, MD, and Katsuro Tomita, MD
52. Lessons learned to Minimize Nerve Injury Associated wtih Carotid Endarterectomy
John B. Chang, MD, and Theodore A. Stein, Ph.D.
58. Evaluation of Electro-Acupuncture in the Treatment of Migraine Headached
Salem Najib Asfar, M.B., ChB, MSc Anesthesiology
62. Comparison of the Effect of One Versus Two Distal Interlocking Screws on the Biomechanics of Intramedullary Rodded Distal Femur Fractures
Christian Foglar, MD, Jerry W. Alexander, B.A., Ronald W. Lindsey, MD, Phillip C. Noble, Ph.D., and Camille J. George, MD
Articles Published in the Journal’s Spring 1999 issue
Volume 19, Number 1
1. A modification of the Charnley Cruciate Wiring System in Greater Trochanteric Osteotomy in Revision Total Hip Surgery when the Femoral
Component is not Removed
John F. Krempen, MD, Abelardo Sotelo, MD, Kimberly Krempen, B.S.
5. The Use of a Snorkel and Mask in a Swimming Program for Rehabilitation of Back and Neck Pain
John F. Krempen MD, Kimberly Krempen, B.S.
10. Effects of Acute Alcohol Inebriation on Current Perception Threshold
Alan R. Hirsch, MD, F.A.C.P. and Chil Kang
14. Human Male Sexual Response to Olfactory Stimuli
Alan R. Hirsch, MD, F.A.C.P. and Jason J. Gruss, B.S..
20. Occult Sacral Meningocele
Martin H. Savitz, MD, F.A.C.S, F.I.C.S., F.AANaOS and Lewis M. Bobroff, MD
23. Translaminar Face Fixation: An Alternative Method for Lumbar Fusion: Report of 710 Cases
John C. Chiu, MD, G. William Davis, MD, Thomas Clifford, MD, Mark Greenspan, MD
28. Survey and Opinion on Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Responses and Comments to American Back Society Poll-1998
John C. Chiu, MD, Thomas Clifford, MD, Haq Babur, MD, Romulo B. Sison, P.A., C.S.T.
34. Low Energy, Non-Ablative Holmium Laser Thermodiskoplasty for Intervertebral Disk Shrinkage with a Tightening Effect
John C. Chiu, MD, Thomas Clifford, MD, Richard Richley, MD Mark Greenspan, MD, Felix Negron, MD
39. Osteochondroma of the Lumbar Spine
CPT Richard C. Rooney, MD, LTC J.David Pitcher MD
42. Reference Serum Chemistry and Hemoatological Values for Spinal Cord Injured Patients
Michael S. Laymon, D.P.T.Sc., P.T., O.C.S., Antone L. Davis II, D.P.T.Sc., P.T. and Jerrold Scott Petrofsky, Ph.D. J.D.
47. Spinal Subdural Empyema: Case Report
Martin H. Savitz, MD, F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S., and Howard B. Goldstein, MD
49. The Omohyoideus Myofascial Pain Syndrome: Report of Four Patients
Michael R. Rask, MD
Articles Published in the Journal’s 1991 issue
Radio Ulnar Synostosis
Coles, M., Echols, E.
Vol. 12, #1, pp. 21 – 25.
Thumb Volar Dislocation of the Metacarpophalangeal Joint
Coles, M., Massieh, S., Echols, E.
Vol 12, # 2 : pp. 239-241